The WEA Scholarship Foundation is pleased to kickoff our annual Reverse Raffle Fundraiser for 2023
- Pre-Purchase 2023 Reverse Raffle Tickets in our Online Scholarship Store
- The Reverse Raffle Drawing is Scheduled to be held April 14, 2023 beginning at 7PM
- Top prize is $10,000
- Tickets $50 each and only 350 will be sold
2023 WEA Scholarship Applications Now Available!
- The deadline to apply for our scholarships is Wednesday April 12, 2023 at 4:30PM
- The WEA Scholarship Foundation typically awards FIVE $1,000 scholarships annually.
- One $1,000 Scholarship is awarded at each of the three WCS Comprehensive High Schools: Cousino, Sterling, and Warren Mott. See full details and apply for one of our 3 High School Scholarships by using the form at this link.
- One $1,000 Scholarship is awarded at the WCS Community High School. See full details and apply for the Community High Scholarship using the form at this link.
- One $1,000 Scholarship is Awarded as a Career and Technical Education Scholarship to a WCS student applicant. This scholarship is awarded in memory of Robert Naski, a former WEA President and Skilled Trade Teacher. See full details and apply for our CTE Scholarship by using the form at this link.
- Applicants are encouraged to download the appropriate scholarship application above and using Adobe PDF Reader on your device to complete these fillable forms before printing, signing, and submitting.
Looking back on 2022:
About our Scholarship Foundation
The WEA Scholarship Foundation (WEASF) is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charity established by the Warren Education Association in 2008.
The purpose of the WEASF shall be to provide scholarship opportunities to graduating seniors from Warren Consolidated Schools including:
- Three scholarship opportunities, including one at each of WCS three comprehensive high schools: Cousino, Sterling Heights, and Warren-Mott
- One scholarship opportunity at WCS Community High School
- One scholarship opportunity for Career and Technical Education students in WCS. This scholarship was started in 2018 in memory of long time WEA President Robert Naski who passed away in 2017. Mr. Naski was a Mathematics and Career Technical teacher in his long career with WCS while also serving as WEA President for over 8 years prior to his retirement.
The goal is to recognize and reward those students who have an immediate family member in a labor union, planning to attend a public institution of higher education, and meeting qualified levels of achievement.
The WEA is proud to have awarded over $75,000 in scholarships since being founded, congratulations to all our past scholarship awardees. While the WEA Scholarship Foundation offers five $1,000 Scholarships annually, depending on fund availability, these scholarships are sometimes increased.
The Trustees and Registered Agents of the WEASF are:
- Robert Callender – President
- Lisa Sikoski- Vice President
- Christine Stone- Trustee
- Karen Kuciel- Trustee
- Patrick Rorai – Executive Director (Registered Agent)
The fundraising and scholarship selection process is overseen by a committee appointed by the WEA President and approved by the WEA Congress.
Applications are generally available beginning in January and the deadline for applications is the second Wednesday in April annually. Questions about the application can be directed to John Rauchman at firstname.lastname@example.org