2024 Reverse Raffle Tickets: Now On Sale!
- Our 2024 Reverse Raffle Drawing is scheduled to take place on April 26, 2024.
- Purchase your raffle ticket before they are sold out!
- Only 350 Tickets will be sold for your chance to win $10k
2024 WEA Scholarship – Applications
- To apply for our scholarships for 2024, check back in January of 2024.
- The WEA Scholarship Foundation typically awards FIVE $1,000 scholarships annually.
- One $1,000 Scholarship is awarded at each of the three WCS Comprehensive High Schools: Cousino, Sterling, and Warren Mott.
- One $1,000 Scholarship is awarded at the WCS Community High School.
- One $1,000 Scholarship is Awarded as a Career and Technical Education Scholarship to a WCS student applicant. This scholarship is awarded in memory of Robert Naski, a former WEA President and Skilled Trade Teacher.
- Applicants are encouraged to download the appropriate scholarship application and using Adobe PDF Reader on your device to complete these fillable forms before printing, signing, and submitting.
About our Scholarship Foundation
The WEA Scholarship Foundation (WEASF) is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charity established by the Warren Education Association in 2008.
The purpose of the WEASF shall be to provide scholarship opportunities to graduating seniors from Warren Consolidated Schools including:
- Three scholarship opportunities, including one at each of WCS three comprehensive high schools: Cousino, Sterling Heights, and Warren-Mott
- One scholarship opportunity at WCS Community High School
- One scholarship opportunity for Career and Technical Education students in WCS. This scholarship was started in 2018 in memory of long time WEA President Robert Naski who passed away in 2017. Mr. Naski was a Mathematics and Career Technical teacher in his long career with WCS while also serving as WEA President for over 8 years prior to his retirement.
The goal is to recognize and reward those students who have an immediate family member in a labor union, planning to attend a public institution of higher education, and meeting qualified levels of achievement.
The WEA is proud to have awarded over $80,000 in scholarships since being founded, congratulations to all our past scholarship awardees. While the WEA Scholarship Foundation offers five $1,000 Scholarships annually, depending on fund availability, these scholarships are sometimes increased.
The Trustees and Registered Agents of the WEASF are:
- Robert Callender – President
- Lisa Sikoski- Vice President
- Christine Stone- Trustee
- Karen Kuciel- Trustee
- Patrick Rorai – Executive Director (Registered Agent)
The fundraising and scholarship selection process is overseen by a committee appointed by the WEA President and approved by the WEA Congress.
Applications are generally available beginning in January and the deadline for applications is the second Wednesday in April annually. Questions about the application can be directed to John Rauchman at firstname.lastname@example.org